Monday, January 7, 2013

Journal Entry #1

As I first started reading this book from the beginning I knew it was going to be very detailed and a very visual book. The narrator was explaining nature and very deeply describing how the young girl looked on pages 4-5. I could visualize everything happening in my head like a movie. The thirty year old man in the book is named Montag. He is a firefighter. The younger teenage girl in the book is named Clarisse McClellan, who is Montag's neighbor. In the first part of the book Clarisse asks Montag a few questions about his fire fighting career on page 8. I though it was very strange how Clarisse was asking Montag if it was true that how a long time ago houses use to burn down on accident and firemen would stop the flames. In this book i'm guessing the firemen just burn books. I thought this was strange because in this day and time firemen help save lives and houses not burn books. I also thought it was really weird when Clarisse asked Montag if he was happy and the went back into her house.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment